In this eleventh session of the series “Becoming Human”, Fr. Padovani looks to Jesus as the model of being human. Ps. 139 says it well: “O Lord, I thank you for the gift of being human.” Both Jesus being human and we being human.
He stresses that we need to consider emotional and spiritual growth together. Understanding the emotional aspects helps us understand the spiritual message of Jesus.
1. We must identify the problems and difficulties in our lives. Jesus told us to take up our cross and follow him. There are no such things as coincidences.
2. We need to be able to talk to someone about these difficulties. This could be a good friend , someone we trust, or even a counselor who can help us. We find God’s will in the realities of life.
Healing is from the power of God. God wants our cooperation.
When we have hope , we can cope. And rejoice!
Be sure to watch Becoming Human- Jesus as Model beginning on March 22 on:
1) YouTube (Wordnet Productions);
2) Diocesan Networks of Dubuque and Yonkers;
3) Channel 17 Access San Bernardino (Sunday 5 pm PT);
4) Our website (www.wordnettv.net) 24/7;
5) American Forces Network serving US bases, ships, embassies.