More organic produce!
We are excited to offer an expanded selection of organic fruits and vegetables - including greens, celery, garlic, broccoli, bananas, apples, coconuts and turmeric.
Turmeric has a peppery, warm and bitter flavor and a mild fragrance slightly reminiscent of orange and ginger, and while it is best known as one of the ingredients used to make curry, it also gives mustard its bright yellow color.
Here's a delicious, healthy way to use turmeric root:
- 2 cups milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
- 1/2 inch sliced or diced turmeric root
- 1/2 inch sliced or diced ginger root
- sprinkle of black pepper
- honey to taste
- Heat milk over medium heat
- Add turmeric, ginger and pepper
- When it begins to simmers turn off heat, cover and let flavors infuse for 10 minutes
- Strain out ginger and turmeric
- Add honey and serve warm
Traditionally Golden Milk has been used for colds and congestion but it also has strong anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties.