The misguided decision to pull out of the Paris Accord was a shocking blow to those of us who want a habitable planet for our children, grandchildren and generations to come.
For their sake we are going to fight even harder. Starting today!
Bedford 2020 remains committed to the Clean Energy goals laid out in the Paris Climate agreement. We are proud that New York State has vowed to stay the course and adhere to that agreement. We will strengthen our efforts at the local and State level to drive clean energy solutions that create jobs, grow our economy and address the threat that climate change poses to our health and natural resources.
Right here in our community Bedford 2020 is working in a variety of ways to address climate change and preserve natural resources. Our progress depends on you. Please show your support and commitment in the following ways:
- Reduce your home's energy use. Sign up for a home energy efficiency assessment with Energize Bedford.
- Make sure your electricity comes from 100% Renewable Energy through the Town’s energy program – Westchester Power.
- Re-think transportation – consider an EV or fuel-efficient car for your next vehicle purchase – take advantage of federal and state EV rebates now. Or combine trips and drive less.
- Eat food locally grown food and consume less meat to reduce your carbon footprint and support sustainable food systems.
- Compost at home or sign up for Bedford’s Community Compost program.
- Encourage students to join our Greenlight Award program – have them share their big green ideas and be part of the solution. Parents can get involved too.
- Make a generous donation to Bedford 2020 and help us lead our community to a sustainable future.
Together, we WILL make a difference for future generations.
Please call (914) 620-6211 or email us if you’d like more information about taking any of these actions. Visit Bedford2020.org to learn more about our programs.