Dear Faith Family and Friends,
As stated in our email earlier today, the governor of Michigan signed executive order 2020-5 prohibiting all gatherings of more than 250 people. After our earlier email had been sent, we received guidance from our superintendent of the Great Lakes Conference (GLC) Garth McGrath and others and after a meeting of the Executive Committee we have made the following difficult decisions:
1. Church Services - Beginning this Sunday, 3.15.20 through Sunday, 4.5.20, we will host online services only at Faith Covenant Church. The worship service will be recorded and placed on the Facebook page and available at 10:45 AM and thereafter on Sunday. Pastor Laura Jackson will also be recording a children's lesson and putting that up on Facebook by 10:45 AM on Sunday as well.
2. Retirement Celebration - Unfortunately we have made the very difficult decision to cancel Pastor Dennis and Mary Lynn’s retirement celebration on Saturday, 3.14.20. Our sincerest and deepest apologies to Pastor Dennis and Mary Lynn for having to take this action. Once the governor's executive order has been lifted we will try to reschedule this event.
3. Wednesday night activities are closed down through 4.5.20.
4. MOVE is closed down through 4.5.20.
We are encouraging everyone in our community to follow the CDC recommendations for preventive actions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Limit, or avoid, shaking hands or other close physical contact with others.
- Carry and use your own hand sanitizer if at all possible.
- Again, as the issues regarding this health concern continue to develop, we will continue to evaluate what the best practices for our community gatherings at Faith should be and will seek to keep you informed of any changes regarding these gatherings.
Mike Robison, Church Chair
Mike Rice, Lead Pastor