This sweater is great to throw over a t-shirt or tank top when there is a little chill in the air. It has a 3-4” ease and a figure flattering lace panel in the front and back. The stockinette side gives a visual slimming effect. It is worked from the top-down which means that the sweater can be tried on as it is being knitted to customize its fit, especially in length. You also have the option to omit the lace - a great choice for beginners or those who want a more classic look.
Size: XXS (XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL)
Chest Measurement: To fit 32 (34, 36, 38, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60) inch chest ease.
Class is three sessions.
Session 1 (2 - 3 hours):
- take measurements and select size
- review pattern and modifications
- cast on
- begin yoke a
- join for knitting in the round
- go over lace chart
Session 2 (2 hours)
- separate for sleeves
- discuss different shaping techniques
Session 3 (2 hours)
- pick up for sleeves
- pick up for neckline
Class fee is $65 (plus materials). Students will receive a class discount of 10% off the price of yarn purchased for the class.
PRE-REQUISITE: Gauge class
HOMEWORK: Work your gauge swatch to determine your needles size. There will be homework between the sessions. Please make sure that you will have enough time to complete the homework between the sessions.
- Cascade Venezia Worsted (70% Merino, 30% Silk) (218 yards/skein) – 5 (5, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 9, 10, 10) skeins
- 1 set of US # 7 (4.5 mm) –32” circular needle or needle size to obtain gauge
- 1 set of US # 7 (4.5 mm) - 16” circular needle or DPN or needle size to obtain gauge
- 1 set of US # 5 (3.75 mm) - 32” circular needle
- 1 set of US # 5 (3.75 mm) 16” circular needle or DPN
- Tapestry Needle
- Stitch Markers
- Scrap Yarn for holding stitches
Gauge: 18 sts = 4 inches in stockinette on larger sized needles.