2019 CONSTRUCTION & CLOSURE UPDATE!
College Avenue downtown cross-walk replacement
The City of Appleton Department of Public Works will replace pedestrian crosswalks at three intersections in the downtown College Ave corridor. During this, a truck detour will be established using Richmond St. to Wisconsin Ave. to Lawe St. One intersection will be closed at a time.
Phase I - Intersection College & Division will be closed April 15 and be completed April 26
- During closure, access to College Ave from Division to Appleton will only be from Superior Street. All roadways west of Division will be open to traffic.
Phase II - Intersection of College & Superior will be closed April 29 and be completed May 4.
- During closure, College Ave between Superior and Appleton will be closed. All streets west of Superior will be open to traffic. Traffic on Superior will be able to cross College Ave during work, but not able to turn onto College Ave.
Phase III - Intersection of College & Walnut will be closed May 6 and be completed May 11.
- During closure, all cross streets (except Appleton St south of College) will be open to traffic. Traffic on Walnut will be able to cross College Ave during work, but not able to turn onto College Ave.
Work is also currently being done on Appleton Street. This work closes the following:
- College & Appleton closed from April 15 to May 4
- Lawrence & Appleton closed from May 13 to June 14 (at all other times Lawrence St. will be open to traffic)
For the full letter from The City of Appleton - click here.
To view a map of the phases and plan sheets - click here.